Dear Aspiring Parent,
- Are you planning to start a family within the next year?
- Are you currently trying to conceive but not quite sure how to time intercourse or insemination?
- Have you been charting your BBT, checking for cervical mucus or using ovulation predictor kits but still feeling unclear how to interpret what you’re seeing or what it means about your fertile health?
- Are you confused about how to pinpoint potential health issues that might be reducing your chances of conceiving (such as a thyroid condition, recurrent yeast infections, or ovulatory dysfunction?)
- Do you want a deeper understanding of fertile cervical mucus versus non-peak mucus so you can maximize your chances of conceiving when you ovulate?
- Have you already begun holistic fertility interventions like cutting out dairy, getting acupuncture, taking herbs etc., but are unsure whether they are doing anything?
If so, you're not alone.
I've personally coached hundreds of people like yourself. Those who are either newly trying to conceive and not sure how to identify their fertile times accurately, or who have been through the gamut of medical-based fertility interventions but still don't have the answers they are seeking.
Here's the problem: We're not taught how to get pregnant.
From an early age, sex education focuses on how not to get pregnant. And because of this, we assume that if we want to get pregnant, it will just happen. Unfortunately, the lack of education we receive from school and from our relatives prevents us from understanding how our fertility works. When you combine this lack of sharing of wisdom in our culture with the myriad stresses that our bodies are exposed to in modern society (diminishing food quality, use of hormonal contraceptives, environmental toxins, work and technological stress, etc.), the result is that getting pregnant has become far more challenging than it was ever meant to be. I should know. I masked ten years of menstrual irregularities by taking the birth control pill, and then was somehow surprised to discover that when I came off the pill those issues not only reemerged but impeded my fertility.
If only I had known then what I know now, I could have saved myself months of frustration and disappointment.
My relationship to my fertility and my reproductive health all changed when I discovered the hidden wisdom of fertility awareness. Specifically, I learned how to chart my menstrual cycles with incredible accuracy using the Justisse Method of Fertility Management. Through learning the method, I not only discovered how to pinpoint ovulation, decode the meaning of my cervical mucus, and manage my fertility, but I discovered how to eliminate menstrual cramps, identify (and then "cure") a hidden thyroid issue, and discover and eliminate subtle food allergies that were altering my mucus quality.
Since becoming a trained Holistic Reproductive Health Practitioner through Justisse Healthworks, I have educated and counseled hundreds of people to successfully use the Justisse Method, including those who had been told they could not conceive (but did!).
In fact, I had a client who was nearly forty and had had several failed rounds of IUI and IVF performed, but after receiving education in the Justisse Method she conceived in her very first month of charting!
Because I know how much easier my life and my conception journey would have been if I had learned these skills earlier, I am deeply passionate about sharing the magic of fertility awareness. That's why I am pleased to offer a home study course which enables people from around the world to receive the core teachings of the Red Tent Sisters' Signature Fertility System from the comfort of their own homes. In this four-part home-study course you will receive the instruction you need to start tracking your fertility with precision and confidence.
Here's What you can Expect
Class #1: Fertility Awareness Foundations & Mindset
In this 15 minute introductory audio, I will lay the groundwork for learning fertility awareness by teaching you:
- The science behind our fertility - including when we are fertile and when we are not
- How to involve a partner (if they wish to be involved)
- The history of fertility awareness
- Why charting your fertility is important even if you are receiving cycle monitoring
- How to proceed with the program to get the most out of your audios
- The mindset you want to have as you embark on this journey of body literacy
Class #2: Making Sense of Your Fertility
In this 40 minute audio I will help you to understand:
- How your anatomy & physiology work together to prepare you for pregnancy each month
- How your brain triggers your body to develop a follicle that will be ready for ovulation
- How estrogen stimulates the production of fertile cervical mucus
- The role of progesterone in developing a healthy uterine living
- How you can use basal body temperature (BBT) to monitor adequate progesterone levels for implantation to occur
Class #3: How to Observe & Chart Your Fertile Signs
In this 40 minute audio I will show you how to monitor your fertility with the highest level of accuracy available in menstrual cycle charting. The skills and habits that we will cover are:
- The 30-second wiping technique
- Mucus checking frequency (less than 5 minutes a day)
- How to identify fertile cervical mucus in order to time intercourse or insemination for conception
- How to get the most out of your BBT readings
- What the position and texture of your cervix can tell you about your fertility
Class #4: Decoding Your Personal Fertility Profile
In this 40 minute audio, I will help you to decode your daily fertility observations so you can clearly see what is happening on your menstrual cycle chart. This will enable you to turn those observations into a diagnostic picture helping you to identify these key fertility events:
- Your peak day of fertile mucus
- How many days are in your follicular phase and your luteal phase, and on what day you ovulate
- When in your cycle conception is most likely to occur
- Establishing your baseline temperature and when your BBT shifts signalling ovulation has occurred
- How long sperm can survive in your vagina based on your pH balance
The optimal luteal phase length for your cycle and how to ensure sufficient uterine lining for implantation
"How does this information differ from what I have read in TCOYF?"
This program has two main advantages over Taking Charge of Your Fertility (TCOYF). Many people are auditory learners and learn best when they have someone explaining something to them verbally. TCOYF is also a mammoth book and can be overwhelming in the amount of information it presents. But more importantly, the Justisse Method has a colour-coded sticker system that provides a really intuitive overview of one's fertility. This visual learning increases ease of use and provides a fantastic tool for assessing overall hormonal health.
"Can't I just use a fertility app?"
Simply speaking, fertility apps are only as useful as the information you enter into them. If you are already using an app, this course will assist you to enter more accurate and detailed information so the app can make better predictions of your fertile time. However, it will also allow you to understand your own fertility, which is important because apps are limited in their capacity for interpretation.
"What about ovulation predictor kits? Aren't they easier?"
Sadly, ovulation predictor kits (OPK) are frequently misleading. To understand why, you must consider the science of fertility. Sperm are not actually capable of fertilizing an egg at the time of ejaculation. So you may be having sex or inseminating when you're ovulating, but if there is no fertile cervical mucus the sperm will die within thirty minutes. That's why you need to time intercourse or insemination with the best quality mucus, not with ovulation. Otherwise, you'll keep missing your fertile window. Furthermore, ovulation predictor kits cannot actually confirm ovulation, they simply detect a hormone that tends to arise around the time of ovulation. If you want to confirm you are ovulating you will need to measure your basal body temperature and evaluate it against your pattern of fertile cervical mucus.
"You have two other pre-conception programs. How do I know if this program is right for me?"
Conception Strategy Secrets is our introductory program.
- It is our least expensive program
- All the elements of the Conception Strategy Secrets program are included in the other two programs, Baby-Making Kick-Start Package and the Fertile Ground program
- There is no one-on-one support included in this program
This program is ideal for those who:
- Are just starting out on their fertility journey
- Have been struggling to get pregnant for a while and feel they need to better understand the underlying mechanisms of their fertility and hormones
- Have regular, fairly predictable cycles
- Learn well from a lecture-style format
- Are currently working with a Naturopathic Doctor or other holistic health practitioner who can help interpret your charts and address any abnormalities
- Have a history of menstrual irregularities
- Have recently come off hormonal birth control
- Learn better from one-on-one contact
- Have tried to conceive for a few months without success
- Don't currently have a holistic health practitioner as part of your health care team
CAN YOU REVIEW EXACTLY WHAT I CAN EXPECT TO RECEIVE WHEN I REGISTER FOR THIS PROGRAM?
As soon as you register you'll receive immediate access to four audios:
- Fertility Awareness Foundations & Mindset
- Making Sense of Your Fertility
- How to Observe and Chart Your Fertile Signs
- Decoding Your Personal Fertility Profile
Plus, you'll receive a PDF version of the Justisse manual and details on how to set up a free account to use the Justisse app. You'll need to pick up a BBT thermometer, but otherwise you'll have everything you need to get started with your charting practice.
SOUNDS GREAT! HOW DO I ENROL?
You can start any time! As soon as you register the audios, PDF, and Justisse app details will be sent to your inbox (if you don't see it, we suggest checking your spam or promotions folder). That means you'll have instant access to all the information you need to begin confidently charting your cycle in order to correctly time intercourse or insemination.
Conception Strategy Secrets
Thank you for choosing to join me in a holistic approach to fertility. Please reach out if you would like further support on your conception journey.
Fertile love and blessings,
Amy Sedgwick, B.Sc. (O.T.)
Holistic Reproductive Health Practitioner
Practitioner of the Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy