It's amazing to see how far the sex toy industry has come since we opened our shop in 2007. Back then there were only a handful of manufacturers who were passionate about creating high quality toys, which meant you didn't have a lot of options if you were going the eco-friendly route. The good news is there's a lot more consumer awareness now (we're proud to have played a small role in that through our work with Carolyn Bennett) which has forced the industry to respond accordingly.
The flip side is there's also a lot of greenwashing going on as companies jump on the bandwagon, which is why today's episode of Red Tent Sisters TV is about how to wade through the options and choose the most eco-friendly toy.
- The #1 thing to look out for to ensure your toy is eco-friendly and body safe
- The most natural sex toy materials (did you know they make wooden dildos??)
- Eco-friendly tips for turning your dildo into a vibrator
- Why toys with multiple speeds and settings are the way to go
- How to vote with your dollar by supporting companies that are dedicated to making products that are good for you and the planet (including Happy Valley, Tantus and Nobessence)
Have a friend who might benefit from this info? Click the "Share" button at the bottom left of this post to share this article on your favourite social media channel.
Kim & Amy Sedgwick love to discuss sex, periods, and all the other things we’re not supposed to talk about. The co-founders of Red Tent Sisters , they’ve been featured in every major Canadian news outlet and have become a trusted resource for women seeking natural (effective!) birth control, a more joyful sex life, and an empowered journey to motherhood.