Scared your period will be heavier? That your cramps will be worse? That your skin will break out? What to expect when you ditch hormonal birth control.
Coming off the pill can be scary. If you're like us, you were put on it not just for birth control, but also to "manage" other hormonal issues which means there's the fear that the symptoms will be as bad (or worse) when you come off. While every woman's experience is different, today we're sharing our own journey (we were both on the pill for over ten years), as well as what we've learned from supporting hundreds of women to transition off hormonal birth control, including:
- How long it takes to return to a normal cycle
- When to come off the pill if you're planning to start a family
- What's really happening to your body when you're on the pill (hint, you're not actually ovulating!)
- Suggestions for addressing the underlying causes of endometriosis, PCOS, cramps, and other menstrual health issues "treated" by the pill
- Benefits of coming off the pill (increased libido. Woohoo!)
If you're thinking about coming off hormonal birth control, we encourage you to download our free "Ditch the Pill" report which includes more details about Amy's personal journey as well as lots of info about the benefits of switching to natural contraception.
Kim & Amy Sedgwick love to discuss sex, periods, and all the other things we’re not supposed to talk about. The co-founders of Red Tent Sisters and ecosex.ca, they’ve been featured in every major Canadian news outlet and have become a trusted resource for women seeking natural (effective!) birth control, a more joyful sex life, and an empowered journey to motherhood.