Nobody should have to suffer from period cramps. Here are five alternatives to popping painkillers.
There was a time when Amy's menstrual cramps were so debilitating she was forced to take days off school because she literally couldn't get out of bed.
We've witnessed firsthand the dramatic effect that dietary changes can have on reproductive health. That's why we're passionate about helping other menstruators discover the foods that can improve period pain, as well as the choices that may be undermining your efforts (it's not always obvious!)
In this four minute episode of #AskTheSisters we discuss:
- Why it's important to balance the fats in your diet (inflammatory versus anti-inflammatory prostaglandins)
- The three foods Amy eliminated that made the difference between "surviving" her period and finally experiencing pain-free cycles
- Which nutrient deficiencies lead to menstrual cramps (there are two main culprits)
- The specific diet Amy follows to take the guesswork out of what to eat for optimal menstrual health
- How period pain can be your body's way of pointing out other health issues (which is why we suggest listening!)
Click below for tips on how to use a period tracking app to monitor how dietary and lifestyle changes are affecting your menstrual cycle.
Have a friend who might benefit from this info? Click the "Share" button at the bottom left of this post to share this article on your favourite social media channel.
Kim & Amy Sedgwick love to discuss sex, periods, and all the other things we’re not supposed to talk about. The co-founders of Red Tent Sisters and ecosex.ca, they’ve been featured in every major Canadian news outlet and have become a trusted resource for women seeking natural (effective!) birth control, a more joyful sex life, and an empowered journey to motherhood.