If you're like thousands of other women who are dissatisfied with hormonal contraception and searching for a natural (effective!) alternative, it won't be long before you stumble on the Justisse Method of Fertility Management. It's one of the most popular approaches to Fertility Awareness-Based Methods (FAM) of birth control, and for good reason. It offers a secular, sex-positive alternative to the mostly Catholic-based teachings of Natural Family Planning. A combination of hard science and rigour give Justisse a 99% + level of efficacy while also honouring and supporting each woman's unique biochemistry and psychosocial make-up.
In this month's episode of Red Tent Sisters TV, we answer one of the most common questions we get asked at Red Tent Sisters: "What is the Justisse Method of Fertility Management?"
In this video you'll learn:
- How many days of your cycle you are actually capable of conceiving (the answer will shock you!)
- The three physiologically proven signs of fertility you can use to accurately identify and track your fertile days to avoid or achieve pregnancy
- The difference between the Justisse Method and the Rhythm Method (night and day!)
- How you can use the Justisse Method in combination with other forms of non-hormonal birth control (e.g., condoms)
- Why the Justisse Method is beneficial to every woman of reproductive age, regardless of whether she is sexually active or plans to rely on it for birth control
Between us, we've had over 15 years experience with hormonal contraceptives and we can tell you from personal experience that ditching the pill was one of the best things we ever did. We just wish we'd done it earlier! If you'd like more info about how to learn the Justisse Method we encourage you to check out our Eco-Contraception program.
Have a friend who might benefit from this info? Click the "Share" button at the bottom left of this post to share this article on your favourite social media channel.
Kim & Amy Sedgwick love to discuss sex, periods, and all the other things we’re not supposed to talk about. The co-founders of Red Tent Sisters and ecosex.ca, they’ve been featured in every major Canadian news outlet and have become a trusted resource for women seeking natural (effective!) birth control, a more joyful sex life, and an empowered journey to motherhood.