Choosing a condom can be confusing and overwhelming. With slogans like "ribbed for her" and "charged with orgasmic pleasure" it can be tricky to decipher which condoms are actually best (from a health, pleasure and efficacy perspective), and which ones just have really distracting marketing campaigns. We've heard from lots of customers who feel they have been on a never-ending hunt for the perfect condom. So in today's video we try to make the process a little easier by addressing:
- How to choose a condom that fits (most important consideration for ensuring the condom does its job!)
- Which brands have the best sensitivity (after ensuring efficacy, presumably the next most important factor in preserving the highest possible level of pleasure for both of you)
- Ingredients to watch out for to minimize the risk of yeast infections and other irritations (so you're not paying for your pleasure the next day!)
- Our opinion on flavoured and ribbed condoms (can you guess?)
- Top condom choices for vegans and social activists (did you know most condoms have milk protein in them?)
We neglected to mention NaturaLamb condoms in the video. While these do not protect against STIs, they provide the greatest sensitivity of any condoms on the market and are great for folks with latex allergies. They are also the only type of condom that is biodegradable.
Have a friend who might benefit from this info? Click the "Share" button at the bottom left of this post to share this article on your favourite social media channel.
Kim & Amy Sedgwick love to discuss sex, periods, and all the other things we’re not supposed to talk about. The co-founders of Red Tent Sisters and ecosex.ca, they’ve been featured in every major Canadian news outlet and have become a trusted resource for women seeking natural (effective!) birth control, a more joyful sex life, and an empowered journey to motherhood.