Effective Date: January 1, 2013
Revision Date: August 8, 2014
Our Legal Name and Address: Red Tent Sisters 432 Queen Street East Toronto, ON M5A 1T4 416-463-8368
At Red Tent Sisters (“Red Tent Sisters,” “we,” “our”), we recognize the importance of protecting your non-public personal information and we strive to maintain the privacy of such information. The following disclosure explains what non-public personal information we collect about you, why we collect it, what we do with that information, and the steps that we have put in place to protect the non-public personal information you have entrusted with us.
We will never sell, share, rent or disclose, unless required by legal authority, your personal information such as name, address, email address, credit card information, unless you give us the authority to do so. For example, if you provide feedback on the product that we may want to include on the website, we would only include your first name and the city in which you live. Please read the entirety of this document, which outlines all the relevant ways that we treat privacy protection at Red Tent Sisters.
1. Information Collection and Use. Red Tent Sisters is the sole owner of the information collected on this website. Information collected from www.redtentsisters.com is exclusively held by Red Tent Sisters and we will not sell, share, or rent this information to others except as disclosed in this statement. Generally, we use your personal information to process your requests, to improve the features of our site, and to communicate with you. We may also use your personal information to personalize our site, to target advertising or promotions that may be of interest to you, and to analyze aggregate user data in order to improve our services.
2. Ordering from Us. If you decide to purchase our product, we request relevant purchase information on our order form, including contact information (i.e., name, telephone and shipping address and financial information (i.e., credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to complete the transaction. We may use third party relationships to process such orders and these third parties have separate data collection and privacy practices independent from ours and thus we cannot be responsible for their policies or activities. You should consult the respective privacy policies of these third-party payment processors for more detailed information on their practices as well as for instructions about how to op-out of certain practices and contact those third parties directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. We have carefully chosen each and every third party to maintain our high standards of privacy, however, we cannot control the activities of such other third party respective websites. As of the date above, we are utilizing the following third parties:
- Paypal for payment processing (www.paypal.com)
- InfuisionSoft for cart processing (www.infusionsoft.com)
4. Log Files. We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track a user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
5. Sharing Information with Other Companies. We work together with other businesses to provide some of our services to you. Sometimes fulfilling our obligations to you requires that we share your information with these businesses. For example, we share information with credit card processors and companies that will ship products to you. We also use other companies to provide services to us, including storing our customer data, sending emails and providing marketing assistance. These companies need access to our customer information but they are not entitled to use such information for any other purpose. Furthermore, we have contracts in place with these companies that require them to process our customer data in accordance with federal laws. By purchasing our products and services you consent to us sharing your information with such third parties. From time to time we may also disclose non-identifying transaction information to third parties for the purpose of accounting and record keeping. We may also disclose aggregate user data or non-personal information in order to describe our services to prospective business partners, advertisers, and others, but will do so only in a form that does not identify individual users.
6. Links to Other Websites. We may include links to web sites operated by our business partners, affiliates, advertisers, and others. These third parties have separate data collection and privacy practices independent from ours, and thus Red Tent Sisters cannot be responsible for their policies or activities. Please contact those third parties directly if you have questions about their privacy policies.
7. Testimonials Red Tent Sisters appreciates positive feedback from our users. We may use comments from surveys and emails we receive from our users in our marketing and promotional materials. By providing Red Tent Sisters with such comments, you give Red Tent Sisters permission to use your comment for any promotional purpose.
8. Security Our website takes several precautions to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. When you submit personally identifiable information via our site, we make good faith efforts to ensure the information is protected both online and off-line. When our order form asks users to enter personally identifiable information (such as a credit card number), that information is encrypted and is protected with the industry leading encryption software – SSL. While we use SSL encryption to protect personally identifiable information online, we also use precautions to protect user information off-line. Access to all of our users’ information, not just the personally identifiable information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices and we make good-faith efforts to store your personal information in a secure operating environment. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, a billing clerk or customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information. If you have any questions about the security at our websites, you can send an email to info [@] redtentsisters [dot] com. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk.
9. Access to the Personal Data We May Hold About You. You can ask us by:
- Sending us an email at info [@] redtentsisters [dot] com;
- Calling us at 416-463-8368; and/or
- Writing to the address listed at the top of this form.
Upon request we will provide you with a readable copy of the personal data which we keep about you, within a week – although we may require proof of your identity beforehand. We will provide the information to you without any charge. You can change the data that we hold about you and, where appropriate, you can have the data either erased, rectified or amended, or finalized for completeness.
11. Legal Obligations. Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order, or legal process served on our website.
12. Children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have inadvertently obtained personal information on a child under the age of 13, that information will be deleted from our systems.