Coaching With Kim
A friend asked me, “Who is coaching for?”
My answer: everyone.
I believe that at some point in our lives, we could all use the support of someone whose sole job is to listen without attachment.
Unlike talking to a friend, parent or romantic partner, you don't have to worry about how I may feel or what I may think about your desires, concerns, or struggles. I’m here, just for you.
Whether you’re thinking about a new career path, contemplating parenthood, or feeling unsatisfied in your relationship, coaching offers a safe space to explore the question, “What do I really want?”
Coaching provides spaciousness and a container.
Since opening Red Tent Sisters in 2007 I’ve had countless people tell me, “I’ve never told anyone this...” Even before I had coaching training, folks knew I was someone they could trust with their tender stories, their big questions.
When I first started my coaching sessions with Kim, I didn't know what to expect. I knew that I needed support in my work and personal life, but even in my beginning sessions with her, it was hard for me to be clear and articulate what was on my mind. But that is the exact reason why working with Kim has been so extraordinary. She has a gift for listening and her ability to effectively and effortlessly tune into what I was saying, made it easier for me to bridge the gap between what I was thinking and how I was feeling. Kim's curiosity and intelligent questioning in our sessions allowed her to learn more about me and my experience, and in the process, afforded me the opportunity to learn more about myself. Her compassionate approach made me feel safe and secure in what I was saying and experiencing. Her dedication to me as a client made me feel supported and appreciated. Those feelings of safety and support are huge, and an integral part in moving in the direction of your goals. I now fully understand the impact a coach can have and my weekly sessions with Kim have had a positive ripple effect in my life. Kim has an innate talent in helping you to recognize, and better yet - helping you to build - a clear vision for what you are seeking. ~H.S.
If you have a quiet (or loud!) voice telling you it’s time for change, I invite you to see if coaching could provide the support you need to get you where you want to go.
If you’re new to this whole coaching concept, here are a few key things to know about how it looks:
- Sessions are virtual, either by phone or Zoom. I currently have clients across North America and Europe.
- Coaching is not therapy. However, some clients choose to work with a therapist and a coach simultaneously.
- Sessions are 45 minutes in length, twice a month. Every session ends with some kind of accountability. Much of the “work” happens between sessions when you put the ideas into action.
- Unlike therapy, which tends to be ongoing, coaching has a set period of time (3, 6, or 9 months) based on the needs of the client.
- My current rate as a Certified Professional Co-Active Coach is $300/month.
- Like most coaches, I offer free sample sessions to determine if we’re a good fit. I am fierce when it comes to ensuring clients find the support that is best suited to them. If I feel like coaching isn’t the right modality or that a different coaching relationship would be a better fit, I will be upfront and suggest an alternate path. As a side-note, I used to joke I was a terrible salesperson when we had a storefront because I would frequently help people see that buying a “thing” wasn’t the answer. So you can rest assured I’ll bring that same quality to our coaching call. No pressured sales here.
To learn more and experience coaching for yourself, I invite you to book a free 20-minute sample session.